Friday, October 17, 2014

The Capsule Wardrobe - Dressing With Intention

I am a HUGE fan of Jess Lively and her podcast, The Lively Show. She always has such great guests and last week was no exception, when she featured blogger Caroline of Unfancy. Caroline is a self proclaimed "unlikely fashion blogger" who documents her outfits that she creates with ONLY 37 PIECES on her blog! That's INCLUDING shoes! She calls it her capsule wardrobe and you can read more about that here.

So, I'm all about trying to live with intention and trying to live a minimalist lifestyle, so I too am attempting to create a fall/winter capsule collection and pare down my own closet. I started by downloading her FREE WORKSHEET that aims to get at the heart of your fashion personality so you can reduce your closet AND buy things you love.

I started last weekend and the first thing that happened was I got really overwhelmed. Why do I have so much shit, but still feel like I have nothing to wear! Well it's because I buy stuff that's not "me" and then keep it around in my closet because I bought it. Then I begrudgingly wear it, but never feel like it's something I love. So after losing my mind for a minute. I started divying up things and I still am, but I feel better about the direction my wardrobe is heading in. I'll update you all when I've completed my collection (I'm giving myself a $600 budget).

*My cheat: I've signed up with Le Tote where I am able to rent unlimited clothing and accessories over the internet. So, I'm able to supplement my wardrobe for a monthly fee and/or buy items I love for a discounted price!


 

2 comments:

  1. I actually gave a little thought to trying this, but who am I fooling? :) I even clicked over to the links. So thanks for the inspiration! It's definitely time for me to have a wardrobe update and to do it in a practical, minimalist, yet stylish, way. Good luck to you! I'm sure you'll pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to have a follow up on how far I've come, but let's just say I've given away two garbage bags full of clothes and have 6 outfits and two shoes that I'm taking to a consignment store.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird