Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lost & Found

My Old Blog Profile Pic - Yup, Bad Ass!
OMG, I've been trying to incorporate more of my voice into my writing (that includes this blog) and was struggling with that. I even read a great article on finding your voice. But lo and behold, I Googled my name and found my old blog from when I was 26.

I was young, newly married, and I had a big mouth. But not in a bad way. Reading my old blog was proof that I have written in my authentic voice before, but somehow I'd lost that boldness to do so. I don't know if it's because the years in between beat me up a little or if having children made me feel I had to be more reserved. I don't know what tampered my voice, but I will say that I've been gaining it back in the past couple of years, but I need it to show up all the time (well maybe not at the office, LOL!). But I miss that girl, she was a bad ass. Shit, I still am a bad ass and I don't have to be afraid of that anymore.

Which is why I might need to rethink the whole name of this blog. Not necessarily what I post because I am a mom and a wife, but I'm so much more. Am I limiting myself, by entitling the blog, This Mom's Life?  Maybe I should just rename it to Lost & Found: A Glimpse into the Life of a Modern Day Superwoman. I kind of like the ring of that...

Love me or leave me alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird