Wednesday, April 10, 2013

This Mom Cooks Shrimp Burritos

Yesterday the weather took a turn for the better and it was eighty degrees in my little city in Virginia. So, I knew that I wanted something light, easy to make, and quick for dinner. SOmething in the back of my mind was saying SHRIMP! SHRIMP! and then it dawned on me Shrimp Burritos. I love latin food and more specifically dishes from El Mar (the sea) so I knew this would be a perfect dinner. I went to Pinterest and searched for Shrimp Burritos and founds a few recipes. I ended up using a pinterest recipe as inspiration for my own recipe. But, I didn't have any of the ingredients except tortillas at home. I schleped the boys to the grocery store and bought my ingredients and fixed us some yummy shrimp burritos.

This Mom's Shrimp Burritos

Ingredients
  • 30 Small Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
  • Pico De Gallo (Mild or Hot based on preference)
  • Olive Oil
  • Brown Rice (Steam in the Microwave kind)
  • Goya Black Beans
  • Guacamole or Avocado
  • Salt/Pepper (or your favorite seasonings - I use Krazy Salt)
  • Menudo Mix (or Chilli Powder)
  • Cheese (any kind you like, I used a Cheddar/Monteray Jack)
Instructions
  1. Heat up the olive oil in a skillet on medium and add the shrimp.
  2. Sprinkle your salt/pepper/seasonings on the shrimp.
  3. Cook for one minute and add the menudo or chilli powder.
  4. Cook for one minute and add the pico de gallo.
  5. Cook until shrimp are pink and curl inward and tighter.
  6. While Shrimp is cooking put the steam rice in the microwave and put the black beans on simmer in a pot.
  7. Once everything is done assemble your burritos - tortilla, rice, black beans, cheese, shrimp mixture, avocado or guacamole.
ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird