Wednesday, March 20, 2013

This Mom is Getting Back in Shape

MY GOAL BODY - Source: instagram.com viaK. Nicole on Pinterest

I have a new body and it’s not just thanks to my newest bundle of joy. Before I got pregnant I had gained weight. Now, those who know me know that I have always been really slim in high school I barely broke through to one hundred pounds and my previous highest weight was about 115. Then in the spring of 2011 I started to gain weight. I don’t really know if I started eating more or if it was just a result of my metabolism slowing down because I was settling into my 30s. What I do know is that before I got pregnant I had reached about 130 pounds.

Now, I know that 130 pounds is not fat or overweight or anything like that. In fact I wanted to gain weight and get to 135, I have a friend that is that weight and I think her figure is DY-NO-MITE! But, now that I am in the 130s I find myself feeling uncomfortable at this weight or more to the point uncomfortable dressing myself. Not only do I need to buy new clothes, but I find myself getting frustrated when I buy clothes and cannot fit them. So, at this point in the post you’re probably saying, “boo-hoo-hoo, cry me a river”. And if you are I get it, there are other people who have “real” weight issues.

Well, here’s the point of this post. I am getting back into shape and for me that means staying at my current weight of 130 pounds, but toning up my "mommy tummy" and getting my endurance back with some cardio. One of the things that I learned about "mommy tummy" is that most women post-partum have a separation in their abdominal muscles called Diastasis Recti  that can give that dreaded lower pooch look. And what's worse is that traditional abdominal exercises can make it WORSE not better. So for all of the mommies, here's what exercises you SHOULD do.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird