Thursday, March 7, 2013

This Mom's Got A Style Rut

Two and a half months ago, I gave birth to my third son and although it was one of the greatest moments in my life, it also has pushed me into a style rut. I’ve been at home on maternity leave since the birth of my son and to save money I also took my eldest out of his half-day kindergarten after care and reduced my three year old’s pre-school days from five to three. So, most of my daily outfits have been items I could throw on to transport my eldest & pre-schooler to school and easy to breastfeed in. Not exactly a style maven do those two qualifications make.
Source: Mayte Doll
Next week, I am returning to work and it’s been almost a year since I've dressed a non-pregnant body. Additionally, before I became pregnant I had gained some weight and most of my pre-pregnancy clothes no longer fit. In order to get myself back up to snuff, I am trying a couple of things.
  1. Choose my clothes on a weekly basis. I am attempting to do this to mainstream the time it takes to get ready as well as have time to THINK about what I’m going to wear, instead of flying by the seat of my pants every morning.
  2. Step out of my comfort zone. I’ll be trying new looks inspired by Style Bloggers to try new outfits and styles.
  3. Wear straight hair more often. I have non-chemically straightened hair, but I’d like to switch it up more often by using heat to straighten it. I straightened it for the first time last month (pic in my about me section).
  4. Wear make up. I am usually a chap stick or lip gloss girl, but I'm thinking about adding a BB Balm, Eyeliner, Mascara, and Lip gloss to my repertoire. 

How Do You Get Out of Your Style Ruts?

2 comments:

  1. after I gave birth to my son I was also in a style rut. I spent his first year this life taking meticulous care of him and the clothes I put on him and kind of put myself on the back burner. after his birthday party I've since resolved to spend a little bit more time on myself. So if you see me looking fantastic and my son a bit disheveled, please understand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird