Friday, April 27, 2012

Intentional Eating

I am in my early 30s and though I've never had a weight problem, I am finding that now I am gaining weight in areas I don't like (tummy).  I think other than age the reason for it, is that I've been eating without intention.  What's eating without intention, you ask? 

Well, I stopped meal planning, which helped me to eat at home and more "real" (less processed) foods and I started eating out more and more.  I am now trying to turn the tide not only on my weight gain, but also on the new "addiction" my children have to processed foods. Because I "don't have time" my children have been eating mass produced muffins and fast food breakfasts for most of this year.  Not a good habit to get them started on, at all.  I know there will be resistance to the new way I am trying to have us all eat, but it's worth it for all of our health.

A friend of mine introduced me to this site called Skinny Taste that has recipes for awesome food, using real foods and lots of veggies.  It's just what I needed to help me with my new intentional eating plan.  Last night I made three of her recipes and they were wonderful.  I made Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad, Cilantro Lime Tilapia Tacos, & Fiesta Lime Rice.  And the day before that I made an awesome fruit & veggie salad for lunch.

K.Nicole's Berry Tasty Salad

Ingredients:
  • Spring salad mix 2c
  • Baby spinach 1c
  • Baby carrots 1/2c
  • Blueberries 1/2 c
  • Rasberries 1/2 c
  • Blackberries 1/2 c
  • Roasted Chicken 3oz. (palmful = 3oz.; I used a pre-prepared Rotisserie Chicken)
 Instructions:

Lay down your salad mix and spinach, snap your baby carrots in two to make them easier to spear w/ your fork, add to the salad.  Throw in a handful of each type of berry.  Shred your chicken  and place on top. Top w/ your favorite vinaigrette dressing (don't forget to add those calories).

Calories:
  • 120 Chicken
  • 40 Blueberries
  • 35 Blackberries
  • 37 Rasberries
  • 17.5 Baby Carrots
  • 15 Spring Salad mix
  • 12 Baby Spinach
TOTAL = 276.5 Calories


* Calorie Counts from Live Strong

Have you been eating with intention lately or eating on the fly?  Share your favorite recipe!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird