Friday, March 23, 2012

UNPLUG: National Day of Unplugging




I am addicted to Words with Friends, Hanging with Friends, and Word Scramble, much to the chagrin of my husband who now rolls his eyes ever so slightly when I pull out my iPod. I admit that there are times when my eyes are so glued to the computer that I don't sit down with my lovely children and play cars, but instead am pinning things to Pinterest like a pinning fool. NO MAS! (No More!)

I was reading Minimalist Mom this week and found out about The National Day of Unplugging which is sundown March 23-sundown March 24.

The National Day of Unplugging is a respite from the relentless deluge of technology and information. With roots in Jewish tradition, this modern day of rest was developed by Reboot as a way to bring some balance to our increasingly fast-paced way of life and reclaim time to connect with family, friends, the community and ourselves. Shut down your computer. Turn off your cell phone. Stop the constant emailing, texting, Tweeting and Facebooking to take time to notice the world around you. Connect with loved ones. Nurture your health. Get outside. Find silence. Avoid commerce. Give back. Eat Together.

And something CLICKED!  I need to unplug, for my family, for myself, I need to UNPLUG!  I'm constantly saying I don't have time for this or that, yet I always tell my mother when she says she doesn't have time to exercise that everyone has the same 24hr day.  Well, I need to take my own advice and decide what in life is REALLY important to me and focus on those things and RECLAIM my 24hrs!  I am vowing to make the below things my priorities:
  • FAMILY
  • WRITING (my novel and this blog)
  • FITNESS


Is There Another?  Will You UNPLUG this Sabbath?

2 comments:

  1. This is great!!! I am right with you (writing about it on my blog, too). Unplugging and prioritizing on those things, as well as some way of serving others more. Keep working on your novel! Even a little every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird