Thursday, March 22, 2012

One Bite at a Time: Establish an Evening Routine



Last week I spoke about the book One Bite at a Time: 52 Projects for Making Life Simpler by Tsh Oxenreider. Well, I've bought it, read it, and now I'm ready to get started on my first bite!

It was a hard decision because I was wavering between "Establish an Evening Routine" and "Establish a  Morning Routine". You see I have neither unless you call collapsing in front of the TV & watching reality shows a nighttime routine and running around like a chicken with her head cut off as a morning routine. First I was going to try and "aim high" aka fail miserably and try and do both this week, but in the spirit of the book I've chosen only one.

And the winner is, "Create a Bedtime Routine"; I chose this one because I think it will be easier and will make it easier to tackle the morning routine once I have a nighttime routine down.

Current Nighttime Routine:
  • 7:30 Start getting the kids ready for bed
  • 8:00 Sing to the kids before bed
  • 8:15 Run upstairs to see why the baby is screaming his head off
  • 8:20 Lay down with the baby so he'll calm down
  • 8:35-8:40 Go back downstairs
  • 8:40 - 10:00 Watch shows I DVR'd w/ the hubs
  • 10:00 Go upstairs to bed
  • 10:30 Go to sleep

New & Improved Nighttime Routine:
  • 7:30 - Let husband get the kids ready for bed Wash my face (yes I sometimes forget to to do this before bed)/beauty routine & get the kids clothes out for tomorrow.
  • 8:00 Sing to kids
  • 8:05 Lay down w/ the baby (Why put off the inevitable)
  • 8:30 Go downstairs to watch shows I DVR'd w/ the hubs
  • 9:30 Go upstairs to bed
  • 10:00 Go to sleep

Yes, it's a subtle difference, but this new routine gives me time to have some me time and enables me to get to sleep earlier which should help with my mornings, along with picking out the kids' clothes the night before.

What's Your Current Nighttime Routine?


One Bite at a Time: 52 Projects for Making Life Simpler
Broken down into manageable chunks, One Bite at a Time provides you with steps, tips, links, and motivation to slow down and simplify. Here’s the thing: I bet most of you know what to do to simplify. You’ve heard most of the little tips and tricks to slow down life and make tasks less frustrating. It’s just overwhelming to know how to start. With this book, I’m giving you permission to focus on just one thing at a time, until you’ve got that task down—and then you can move on to the next one. 52 tasks. Practical. Do-able. Given to you in a one-at-a-time, take-a-breath format, for you to tackle at your own comfortable pace. You know what you should do, you just need a handbook.

WANT TO BUY THE BOOK?



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird