Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What's Up Wednesday


I've started working on making some positive changes in my life by focusing on the person I want to be and part of that is the 30 Day Mom Challenge and my own As If Project. So, this post is to show what I've accomplished so far this week.

#1 - I did the mom challenge and asked my son what is one thing he wanted us to do this month and he said he'd like to go to the museum. I asked him if he wanted to go to the Children's Museum in Baltimore and he told me, "No, I want to go to a REAL museum." So, we'll be heading out to the Air & Space Museum in DC this weekend! I'm so glad that I get to fulfill a wish of his. So many times we get caught up in doing things for our children that we think that they should be doing without even asking them what they'd like to do. Asking your child their opinion, listening, and actually following through gives your child a wonderful sense of importance. Who doesn't like it when someone listens to them and tries to make their dreams come true!

#2 - I organized my pantry. I should have taken a before and after shot, but I didn't. Just trust me that it was a MESS! I found 6 rolls of paper towels that I didn't even know I had. I also decided to do something with the food items I've bought that no one in the house wants to eat. I made a breakfast treat basket that I will be bringing in to my office filled with granola bars, breakfast bars, and other morning goodies that we decided to pass on in our home.

#3 - I'm making strides to get my financial house in order. I rejoined Mint.com so I can see where my money is going and operate under a budget. It's scary when you see how much of your money you actually throw away on things you don't need. I also ordered all three of my credit reports as well. YAY ME!


So, what's up with you this Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird