Thursday, May 19, 2011

Summer Learning 2012


Summer is approaching and that means fun in the sun, but it also means another opportunity to teach your child and get them ahead of the game!

Last year I did Sight Words Summer and this year I'll be doing the Summer Bridge Activities.  I will be starting with the Pre-K to K Summer Bridge Book on May 23rd . My son is very excited to start and has already flipped through the book to see the activities. I reminded him that that there are two worksheet assignments per day in the book; I had to tell him that because he would do at least 5 a day if I didn't. In order to challenge my son, I'll also be purchasing the K-1 Summer Bridge Activity book so that he can do the worksheets in there as well. This will be beneficial in multiple ways, by challenging him, alleviating boredom and routine, and giving him more activities (which he loves). If you'd like to preview the books and/or see what level your child is on, there are sample pages available.
The Summer Bridge program also has a recommended book list, so we will also be participating in a book reading challenge for the summer!  Some other summer reading programs are from Barnes & Noble and PBS Kids.   Barnes & Noble has a great summer book reading program and the prize for reading 8 books is a free book and  PBS Kids along with iVillage has a Summer Reading Challenge as well that starts on June 6th. For those that would like to teach their children a bit about finances, TD Bank is sponsoring a Summer Reading Program and when they read 10 books they will receive $10 in a new or existing Young Savers account.

I will keep all my Baby Head Diary readers updated on other fun summer learning activities we will be doing in my household along with ways you can enrich your own child(ren)’s summer learning!

I was not paid or compensated by any of the companies I have mentioned, they are just programs that I have found to be interesting or good.

1 comment:

  1. Assalamu Alaikum!

    I really liked your blog! Very well done, I must say!
    Keep up the good work!

    Do visit mine too at
    http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

    Alia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!