Friday, May 27, 2011

Fashion/Beauty Friend Friday Hair Care Routine

This is a break from the usual, Cre8tive Rookie postings on home stuff, but another area you can be Cre8tivein is your own style.  And a favorite way of mine to be Cre8tive stylisticly is with my HAIR!  I LOVE to talk hair. I have had just about every style and hair length you can imagine and I just love it. So I decided to do the Fashion/Beauty Friend Friday Hair Care posting from the Modly Chic Blog today.

I am currently wearing my hair long via human hair extensions and I love it.
Me last weekend, going to a Wine Festival!


1. How often do you get your hair cut?

I am growing my hair out, so I will only be getting trims if my hair is split. I’ve cut my hair completely off, like shaved about every two years since 2004 and I sometimes cut my hair into cute little styles every once in a while.




Different Haircuts


2. Do you go to the same stylist each time, try someone new, go to the cheap hair cutting chains or live it up in a salon?

I am a stylist hopper most of the time. While I lived in the DC area, I would rotate between the many Dominican Beauty Salons in the area because I love getting the Dominican Blow-Outs. Currently I have a stylist that I’ve been going to since January, her name is Sherita and she’s at Fade ‘Em Up in Winchester, VA.

Dominican Blow-Out

3. Do you color your hair? How often? What’s your natural color?

Yes! My natural color is a dark brown with natural reddish brown highlights. But usually when I dye my hair I dye in Clairol’s Textures & Tones in Bronze. Last week I dyed my hair a very Dark Brown, Clairol’s Beautiful Collection Darkest Brown.


Natural Hair - 2006

4. The one thing you always do to keep your hair looking great is:

DEEP CONDITION! I also sleep on a Satin Pillowcase or wear a Satin Scarf so that I won’t get breakage.


Another Dominican Blow-Out, but more Wavy

5. What hair trend do you love and wish you could rock?

I would LOVE to have hot pink streaks, but now that I work for the government in finance, I don’t think that would go over too well!





Fashion Beauty Friend Friday is a Google group for bloggers to discuss/answer questions on a given topic each week. Visit Katy of Modly Chic if you are interested in participating.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow you've really played with your hair! I love that you can pull off a shaved head :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!