Friday, April 1, 2011

This is not the sofa...

I am UBER EXCITED because I've been given a great opportunity. Before I tell you what it is, let me tell you how it came to be:

Last weekend I headed out to pick out an antique mirror I saw on Craig's List (blogged about here), first of all I was so glad it hadn't sold yet because I saw it a month ago, but with my travels for my job hadn't had the chance to offer to buy it.

So, I go to a beautiful house up on a small mountain (it's mountainous here, y'all) and after being turned around because mountain houses are not numbered numerically, I met the lovely people selling the mirror.

They asked me was there anything else I was looking for, I told them I was really interested in mid-century modern furniture...they had no idea what I meant, so I talked to them about it. To make a long story short these two friends bid on items in storage facilities and auctions for the fun of it, but they have no idea what's good and what's not.

So, they asked me if I'd like to partner with them by researching and listing their stuff for sale. WOULD I EVER! They also said if there was something that I could improve by painting or reupholstering or whatever they'd front those costs and then we could sell it. *do you hear that? I think it's angels singing!*

That is the great opportunity and I am UBER EXCITED!

Currently they've given me a Queen Anne style sofa to sell; I will be doing a post on it and posting it on CL, this weekend!

STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird