Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Life Changes for the Baby Head Diarist...

Hello Baby Head Diary Readers,

I apologize for my lack of posting, but I’ve had some major life upheavals. Most significant, the Baby Head Diarist is now co-parenting with the bulk of the day to day parenting being headed up by yours truly. I plan on blogging more about parenting while separated/divorced and will share with my Baby Head Diary readers what it’s like attachment parenting as a single mother. Another significant change is that I have also moved to a different state and started a new job. This was a lot of change at once, but the boys have weathered it well and I’d like to think that Attachment Parenting played a big role in their adaptability.

In providing secure attachment for the children, what may have been a huge upheaval never felt like abandonment or confusing to them. For my eldest son I bought him the book Two Homes and read it to him before we moved. The book never mentions the “Dreaded D – Word” and simply shows a child in two loving homes, one with mom and one with dad. The book shows the similarities of both homes, they both have a favorite chair, friends, and someone who loves them in each. My son truly enjoyed this book and even quoted a line from it, “my daddy loves me wherever I am.” I would definitely recommend this to parents who are in the process of separating or divorcing with young children.



Also, API (Attachment Parenting International) has a page on Dealing with Divorce and Custody Issues and Blended Families .

I will be back to a more regular posting schedule now and I hope that you all continue to read!

1 comment:

  1. That books sounds perfect, and I really love that such an amazing resource is available for attachment parenting families.

    No need to apologize for the hiatus - LIFE happens and of course we have to deal with that first and foremost. Definitely missed your updates!

    Glad to hear the move went well, and I wish you the best with all the rest. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird