Monday, July 26, 2010

Mother's Affection = Better Well Being...

Something those of us who practice Attachment Parenting already know:



Babies whose mothers are attentive and caring tend to grow into happy, well-adjusted children. But the psychological benefits of having a doting mother may extend well beyond childhood, a new study suggests.
According to the study, which followed nearly 500 infants into their 30s, babies who receive above-average levels of affection and attention from their mothers are less likely than other babies to grow up to be emotionally distressed, anxious, or hostile adults.
Source: CNN

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this great article - it's always wonderful getting validation that we doing the RIGHT thing for out little ones! :-)

    Havent chatted with you in forever, lady! I hope all is well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this article. It always help to have science on your side! hehe!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Yakini! All is well, just went back to work in June so I've been so overwhelmed and busy lately. I have to come visit your blog soon; I usually read it in my Google Reader at work. :)

    Hi Nya's mom, yes it's good to have the science for the naysayers. Good to see you around these parts. I'm surprised I've never visited your blog before. I love what I've read so far! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird