Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year Resolutions: Being A Better Mom

2010 is a new decade, a time for old things to fall away and new things to bloom. I believe that I am a good parent, but I know that I can be better. I know that there are ways in which I fall short as all humans do. And I know that although I cannot be perfect I can always strive to be better.




In order to do that I've realized that in order for my children to embody the traits I would like them to have I need to embody them as well and be there living example. I've always believed that parents should be the moral authority for their children and that there should be no "do as I say, not as I do" involved in the process. In raising a toddler I've realized that your children ALWAYS see and hear what you do, even when you think they're not listening. How can you tell your children to do one thing and then do another without them thinking that you're a hypocrite or worse , totally ignoring your rules because you can't even follow them?




So here goes, here are the traits I want to instill in my boys and will be instilling in myself in this new year and beyond.






  • Charity - we will start doing a save, spend, give routine and choosing a charitable act to do once a month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird