Monday, June 8, 2009

The Second Time Around...

The second time around
Ooh, the second time is so much better, baby
The second time around
-Shalamar

The second time around for pregnancy, I feel a bit more at ease (although when I was about 10 weeks I had a scare and thought I was miscarrying and ended up in the Emergency Room). I don't know if it's because I've given birth before or if it's because right before I learned I was pregnant I was going through the roughest time of my life (yes THE ROUGHEST) and I had resigned myself to "let go and let God" for everything.

Then suddenly this miracle happened, a baby, divinely placed into our lives at a time when our lives were faltering and we were falling out of "something" with one another. Which is why I hope to name her Nia (Swahili for Purpose). I believe all children have a purpose, but I especially believe that this little one's purpose is/was to bring a clarity and focus in our lives that we were missing. It took some time, but I believe the DH is with me on that as well. So, the second time around I am less worried about anything and everything that first time mothers are worried about. I am less concerned about what to buy and having the perfect this or that. This time around I am just praying more, worrying less, and enjoying myself and my family.

Say it again
The second time around
All that I've been through
I'll do it again just as long as I'm with you
The second time around


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird