Thursday, April 30, 2009

More Baby Thoughts...

Since I am "with child" now and what's a more awesome cre8tive endeavor than that, I will be writing some about my pregnancy and more things in the world of babies and children.

Right now I'm thinking about:
  • Organizing the house so it's more baby friendly.
Right now the house is toddler friendly, i.e. safe, but messy usually. However, with the coming of a new baby we'll need more crawling and cruising safe areas. Meaning I need to shift more of the toddler toys into the Big Boy Room and make the living area baby friendly like it used to be. This may also mean rearranging the furniture again so the layout is more open. Our living and dining area is open and to delineate the spaces I had placed my couch horizontally facing the french doors for the living area with the back of the couch delineating the dining area. I will most likely move the couch back the wall so that the living dining space is open again.

  • My waist, I'm starting to miss it already!
I'm seeing such cute summer clothes and I know I won't be able to wear them. Also, everyone is telling me that being pregnant in the summer is unbearable because it's already hot and then being pregnant and bigger makes you hotter! Thanks guys!

  • Baby wearing
I'm an attachment parent at heart and I loved wearing my big boy in a sling when he was little. I just joined a new message board for babywearing, The Baby Wearer, and I'm thinking about joining a baby wearing group in my neck of the woods. Here's a little info. on the benefits of babywearing:
  • Babies cry less. Research has shown that babies who are carried cry (on average) 43% less overall and 54% less during the evening hours (1). In cultures where babies are carried almost continuously, babies cry much less than those in non-carrying cultures (2-6).
  • Good for baby's mental development. Babies spend more time in a "quiet, alert state" when carried - the ideal state for learning. Their senses are stimulated while being carried (yet there is a place to retreat too). When carried, your baby sees the world from where you do, instead of the ceiling above his crib or people's knees from a stroller. And the extra stimulation benefits brain development.
  • Good for baby's emotional development. Babies are quickly able to develop a sense of security and trust when they are carried. They are more likely to be securely attached to their care-giver/s (7) and often become independent at an earlier age (8).
That's it for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird