Thursday, February 5, 2009

What I'm Reading and New Projects...

*Pics are a before and after from Design*Sponge.













Here is what I'm reading in the world of design and decor right now.

I have some new projects on the horizon and I figured if I put it out here in a public format, I would be more likely to actually get them done:

  • Fabric headboard for bedroom
  • Big boy's pillows/comforter
  • Pillows for SALE at my Etsy shop

I haven't been completely lazy though. I've rearranged my dining/living room. It is amazing how big of a change that can make in a place. I wish I had taken before pics (I may have some on my camera I'll check), but I will definitely post some after shots. I am currently waiting to purchase a Mid-Century console to use as my TV stand/Media Storage or something like that. Rearranging your furniture is also a green way to redecorate. If you're thinking about rearranging your own, here are some tips from AT:

  • •Have a friend help. It makes moving heavy pieces a lot easier, it provides you with a second opinion, and it gives you the energy to keep going.

  • Map out ideas with a sketch or a free online program. *I like to make sketches before I start any new project. My husband makes fun of my sketches, but they become my road map for recreating a room.

  • Have a plan, but don't be afraid to change it. We never know what something's going to look like until we see it in place.

  • Use your largest pieces as anchors for the space. Move sofas, large tables, and large storage pieces first and rearrange your smaller furniture around them.

  • Clear out space. If an arrangement isn't working, try removing one or two pieces of furniture. Many people have too much furniture, and by taking a big item out of the equation you can open up a whole new set of possibilities.

  • Don't be afraid of empty space. If you really need a new piece to make your furniture arrangement work, leave that space empty for a little while, and take some time to find the right item.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird