Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Closet Makeover

I do not even want to show you all what the inside of my closet looks like. I have a nice size walk in that my husband and I share and we have both let it get out of control! Moreso him than me, of course. It is so out of control that I've thought about having a professional organizer come in and handle it, but in this economy I believe that's a waste (unlike a monthly housekeeper which I keep saying I'm going to hire and haven't).

So, today I'm blog browsing and I find a new fun blog (Cupcakes & Cashmere) and then BAM! she takes a picture of her closet and I am swooning. One thing I love about it is here use of a dresser in her closet, which I had done at my previous apartment (when I lived ALONE) and I loved. Secondly, the layout of her closet is similar to mine with the wooden shelf at the top and I had never thought of using it as a place for my shoes. I also like her use of the same type of hangers, which every organizing book/article I've ever read says to do. I am working on this, currently I am transitioning to the black ultra slim flocked hangers.

I would like to reorganize my closet pronto, my only issue is that currently our dresser also serves as our television stand, so I would need to get a replacement for that in order to place it in the closet. My other issue is getting my husband to actually participate in this reorganizing process, because heaven forbid I reorganize and my husband can't find something of his. THE HORROR!!!

So swoon with me and get inspired:

Pic source: http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/california-closet/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird