Monday, July 10, 2006

My baby can sing...

This past Fri. was my 11th week appt. and they used the Doppler to find the babies heartbeat. Well at first the P.A. was moving the Doppler on my stomach and we start to hear a singing/whistling sound like dolphins make underwater. The P.A. was like this is the first time I've heard a baby trying to sing in the womb and we all started laughing. Eventually we heard the babies heartbeat, but it was funny and surprising to hear the other sound. Maybe my baby will be the next Michael Jackson (minus all the weirdness)! My next appt. is in 4 weeks and maybe we'll get an ultrasound then and be able to see whether it's a boy or a girl, if not it will be the 19th week appt.

I've still been getting morning (all day) sickness, so I hadn't gained any weight since my last visit. However, I just recently bought some seabands and they've been helping a bit with the nausea. They use accupressure to help with the morning sickness, Scientific studies have proved that one of the most effective drug-free treatments is based upon the ancient Chinese principle of acupressure - effectively acupuncture without needles! This is available as the Sea-Band. The Sea-Band applies continuous pressure on the P6 (or Nei-Kuan) point on each wrist using a plastic stud.

1 comment:

  1. sea-bands....that's cool. I've never heard of this before. *mentally storing info.*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!



blogger template by lovebird