Stop Playing Defense, was really enlightening. My biggest takeaway was from Depak Chopra's 7 Spiritual Laws of Success:
The Law of Least Effort
If you observe people around you, you’ll see that they spend ninety-nine percent of their time defending their points of view. If you just relinquish the need to defend your point of view, you will in that relinquishment, gain access to enormous amounts of energy that have been previously wasted.
When you become defensive, blame others, and do not accept and surrender to the moment, your life meets resistance. Any time you encounter resistance, recognize that if you force the situation, the resistance will only increase. You don’t want to stand rigid like a tall oak that cracks and collapses in the storm. Instead, you want to be flexible, like a reed that bends with the storm and survives.
Completely desist from defending your point of view. When you have no point to defend, you do not allow the birth of an argument. If you do this consistently — if you stop fighting and resisting — you will fully experience the present, which is a gift. Someone once told me, “The past is history, the future is a mystery, and this moment is a gift. That is why this moment is called ‘the present’.’
If you embrace the present and become one with it, and merge with it, you will experience a fire, a glow, a sparkle of ecstasy throbbing in every living sentient being. As you begin to experience this exultation of spirit in everything that is alive, as you become intimate with it, joy will be born within you, and you will drop the terrible burdens and encumbrances of defensiveness, resentment, and hurtfulness. Only then will you become lighthearted, carefree, joyous, and free.
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Friday, April 26, 2013
* Switched all my blogs from Google Reader to Bloglovin. Still on the fence about it, because I can only read a paragraph from the platform and then it takes me directly to the blog. I like being able to read the entire blogpost in the feed reader.
* Started eating "clean" thought about going Paleo, but I like my dairy.
* I'm trying to get like Monica and be a lean, mean, planking machine, but right now I can only do the basic one for 30 seconds.
* Read about The Dailey Method and I'm really intrigued, might have to buy the video.
* Learned some great life affirming things from:
- Alex - Pulling it Together & Really Living
- Steven Barnes - Re-Writing Your Goals
- James Altucher - How to Be Rich- THE PUSH
* I laughed like a crazy person at this sorority girl's letter. *she's from my alma mater.
* Found out about free resources for learning and business, from my fellow GOALDigger, Britni.
* And found another reason to limit screen time and encourage face-to-face interactions.
* Lastly, this weekend is going to be Aca-Mazing because I'll be having dinner and movie night with my Writer's Group!
Friday, April 19, 2013
- Living with less with a baby, it's a philosophy I rely on. Although, I've had to buy some things over again. I've bought less with each subsequent child realizing what's a need and what's a want.
- Thinking about redesigning and maybe moving my office space, so I've been pinning a couple of inspiring ones and I love this re-design of an office space.
- Business cards, might need some new ones with some new endeavors, I love this biz card makeover.
- Wise words.
- Bacon. This will be my lunch this weekend.
Monday, April 15, 2013
Friday, April 12, 2013
- Well, this week has been very hectic, but exciting for me, I published an erotic romance short story, Love, Lust, and Letters.
- I read an interview of my fave style blogger Natalie from the Tiny Closet on another style blog I read.
- I got inspired to redecorate the boys' playroom, based on this lovely one.
- Found out about a natural protein straightener, that I want to try.
- Two words: BACON JAM!
- And I found out how Natalie gets her pretty natural glow through her makeup & skincare routine.
- Lastly, I found another inspiration for my Chambray Day with denim on denim.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Yesterday the weather took a turn for the better and it was eighty degrees in my little city in Virginia. So, I knew that I wanted something light, easy to make, and quick for dinner. SOmething in the back of my mind was saying SHRIMP! SHRIMP! and then it dawned on me Shrimp Burritos. I love latin food and more specifically dishes from El Mar (the sea) so I knew this would be a perfect dinner. I went to Pinterest and searched for Shrimp Burritos and founds a few recipes. I ended up using a pinterest recipe as inspiration for my own recipe. But, I didn't have any of the ingredients except tortillas at home. I schleped the boys to the grocery store and bought my ingredients and fixed us some yummy shrimp burritos.
This Mom's Shrimp BurritosIngredients
- 30 Small Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Pico De Gallo (Mild or Hot based on preference)
- Olive Oil
- Brown Rice (Steam in the Microwave kind)
- Goya Black Beans
- Guacamole or Avocado
- Salt/Pepper (or your favorite seasonings - I use Krazy Salt)
- Menudo Mix (or Chilli Powder)
- Cheese (any kind you like, I used a Cheddar/Monteray Jack)
- Heat up the olive oil in a skillet on medium and add the shrimp.
- Sprinkle your salt/pepper/seasonings on the shrimp.
- Cook for one minute and add the menudo or chilli powder.
- Cook for one minute and add the pico de gallo.
- Cook until shrimp are pink and curl inward and tighter.
- While Shrimp is cooking put the steam rice in the microwave and put the black beans on simmer in a pot.
- Once everything is done assemble your burritos - tortilla, rice, black beans, cheese, shrimp mixture, avocado or guacamole.
Hello friends, I've been a bit incommunicado lately because of my new business and I'm writing a book, plus I'm 8 mths pregnan...
Source: Luxe Finds Often at the end of the night, when the boys are in bed, the dishes are put away, and it's just me & the h...
So, I've finally gotten around to posting an outfit pic. The weather had not been inspiring me to dress cute, but this Monday was the ...
Okay this outfit combines so much awesomeness #1 It's Pinterest Inspired & #2 My Chambray Shirt that I love! There's this awe...